MTG Zone: Puerto Rico

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puerto Rico Magic: The Gathering forum!

+3
Feedback
CatchoftheCentury
Shadowmaster Iori
7 posters

The good old days...

Shadowmaster Iori
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-08-16

The good old days... Empty The good old days...

Post by Shadowmaster Iori Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Remember when you started magic? I do. I was 13. I would make decks with whatever cards where available, mismatching cards and making "combos" (I called them combos, it was just synergy) Out of cards like path of peace and another green creature that died and gave me life. I remember my first 2 color deck was w/b with only 10 lands...yes thats right I sucked big time. but i had no guidance i just played, and it was fun...so much fun.

Post your anecdotes of your first years playing magic. Mistakes you made, Rules you swore by and they where oh so wrong, old house rules, etc.
    CatchoftheCentury
    CatchoftheCentury
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-06-22

The good old days... Empty Re: The good old days...

Post by CatchoftheCentury Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 pm

haha. Love this.

I used to have an old rule and it was one many of us beginners started with; the 20/20/20 rule. 20 lands, 20 Creatures, and 20 Spells. I used to have a burn deck that was like that as well...

My first deck somebody lent it to me. It was Blue/Black with a White splash for Meriek Ri Berit and I can't, for the life of me, remember of Dakkon Blackblade required white to play, but he was there. There was also the random Polar Kraken. That must have fattie for that Timmy factor. It was fun.

After I got the hang of it, I purchased the Heavy Duty pre-constructed deck from Invasion. I won my first games with that deck. <3

Then I played with Burn and Counters, a mix of the two, played a mono red "control deck with Jokulhoups. The deck was hil;arious, because the whole strategy was about trying to look like I was losing. I would slowly take damage and kill myself with Orcish Artilleries. Once I got to 6 lands, I would sandbag the rest of them and keep some Raging Goblins in my hand (you read that right) and when I was about to die: Jokulhoups struck, followed by a land and a Raging Goblin. I killed a lot of people with Raging Goblins in my day. Plus the whole psychological trip of having your opponent think you were retarded only to lose to the only Jokulhoups in the deck and Raging Goblin beats.

Those were the days.
    Feedback
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-06-10

Post by Feedback Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 pm

CatchoftheCentury wrote:
    Then I played with Burn and Counters, a mix of the two, played a mono red "control deck with Jokulhoups. The deck was hil;arious, because the whole strategy was about trying to look like I was losing. I would slowly take damage and kill myself with Orcish Artilleries. Once I got to 6 lands, I would sandbag the rest of them and keep some Raging Goblins in my hand (you read that right) and when I was about to die: Jokulhoups struck, followed by a land and a Raging Goblin. I killed a lot of people with Raging Goblins in my day. Plus the whole psychological trip of having your opponent think you were retarded only to lose to the only Jokulhoups in the deck and Raging Goblin beats.

Those were the days.

lol.. mi pai...

pa hacer la historia corta...

yo empeze en mirodin como muucha gente jugando el pre-con de los atogs y "combiando" con myr retreavers y pirate spellbombs and all that ****... despues jugue mono rojo y perdia TODOS los juegos pq mis burns eran tan mierdas y jugaba seathing song pa jugarte 2 burn spell el mismo turno y sentirme importante cuando en realidad estaba perdiendo una carta de mi mano como un mamalon...

theeennnn jugaba random **** con los panas como 5 colores con pristine angel y un millon de instant (hasta instants targetiandola a ella pa destapiarla y perder el instant) ahah..

me acuerdo del torneo extended en salo de plaza carolina q lo gane con un afinity t2 con 0 raras y 4 uncommun.... afinity taba muy broken.. ganandole a opposition deck, psychatog deck, madness deck.. q no..

hasta q ps me dijeron de frankie y su marquesina.... entonces con robert montamos "angel fire" y fui a mis primeros fnm y psss la mayoria q me conoce saben q empeze de lleno en esas.. cogiendo consejos y cogiendo rozcas.. hasta q era yo el q daba las rozcas no mucho tiempo despues Wink

wow... no era tan corta nah la historia..
    ajsuarez86
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post by ajsuarez86 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:13 pm

I started playing around Prophecy, believe it or not. The Pokemon TCG was my gateway drug to the ol' cardboard crack (had a Fighting/Psychic/Ghost deck, I think I stopped around Fossil...w/e), but that scene was dying, hehe

I actually still have my first deck, a kind of mono-G elfball deck which uses Vitalizing Wind for the kill. I was huge for it's time, and it's sure fun to see their eyes widen when my 1/1's become 8/8's (Avatar of MIGHT SMASH!!)

I played at school with a bunch of lovable assholes and respectable losers like me. I guess that hasn't really changed...
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Shadowmaster Iori Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am

Hehehe nice nice. Yo empese creo q recien salio 6th edition. pero mi primer deck fue uno 5th edition de esos q venian 5 colores q ahora son tournament packs comprado en electronic boutique, si antes de ser EB. Buff de mis primeros trades locos fueron 2 cartas rares q ahora recuerdo estaban muy nice por una porkeria de archangel.
    Obviamente mis ojos no habian visto ningun serra so yo pense q esa angel era lo mejor!

AAAH Y la antigua regla de untap que teniamos. A los newbies q empesaban si no destapeaban en EDIT:antes de su upkeep y robaban, tenian q dejar sus permanents tapeados por el resto del turno. harsh, si pero asi aprendian, cojiendo pelas. asi me hicieron a mi.

EDIT: Ya lo arregle! Escribi mal my bad:P

Last edited by Shadowmaster Iori on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Feedback
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Feedback Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Shadowmaster Iori wrote:Hehehe nice nice. Yo empese creo q recien salio 6th edition. pero mi primer deck fue uno 5th edition de esos q venian 5 colores q ahora son tournament packs comprado en electronic boutique, si antes de ser EB. Buff de mis primeros trades locos fueron 2 cartas rares q ahora recuerdo estaban muy nice por una porkeria de archangel.
    Obviamente mis ojos no habian visto ningun serra so yo pense q esa angel era lo mejor!

AAAH Y la antigua regla de untap que teniamos. A los newbies q empesaban si no destapeaban en su upkeep y robaban, tenian q dejar sus permanents tapeados por el resto del turno. harsh, si pero asi aprendian, cojiendo pelas. asi me hicieron a mi.

Si destapeaban en su upkeep tambien estaban mal... es en el untap q se destapea ... por siaca tu tampoco lo sabias... Razz

..... AH! wow este emoticon es la ostia!
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Shadowmaster Iori Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Fixed ya lo arregle my bad, y obvio si lo sabia fue mala escritura de mi parte.
    Feedback
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Feedback Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:18 am

sure no prob! Razz
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Shadowmaster Iori Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Los multiplayers q se jugaban en casa eran de 8 players. Esos juegos eran eternos pero me encantaba el hate q habia cuando matabamos a alguien y luego la cojian con uno. Many turns la gente bajaba criaturas powerful solo para pasar, nadie se atrevia a atakar ya q el primero q atakaba cojia todo el aggro jajaja.
    Koby
    Koby
    Summoner
    Summoner

Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Koby Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Esos juegos dejaron de ser fun cuando Koby se sento en la mesa con Tooth and Nail y podia ganarles a todos. Razz
    Guasu
    Guasu
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 240
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Guasu Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm

En serio? Si mal no recuerdo te mato un city of brass.
    Koby
    Koby
    Summoner
    Summoner

Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by Koby Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Ya lo supere, rompi ese City of Brass y mande a Wizards que printeara mejores lands aka Vivids.
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Shadowmaster Iori
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Shadowmaster Iori Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm

A veces me siento a pensar en hacer decks especificamente para free for alls de muchas personas, pero luego me pongo a pensar en Frontier Magic. Perfect for casual 2 player games con decks mas simples sin combos ni habilidades complicadas. a veces te hace pensar un poco mas por q las abilidades no funcionan igual. Si quieren saber lo q es solo searcheen google Frontier Magic y debe haber un link de wizards con las reglas basicas. Claro q hay q hacer house rules para ciertas abilidades. Ya estoy pensando en unas cuantas pero nada eso soy yo por aca.
    Danilo
    Danilo
    Conjurer
    Conjurer

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by Danilo Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:08 am

yo quiero jugar elder dragon highlander quin se apunta!????
    las reglas son medias faciles busquenlas en el site de magic se ve un formato divertido hasta las comunes se ven prouctivas es mas voy a montR MI deck con un random general

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:22 am